Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Feb 19

don't feel too bad after yesterdays ride.  our necks are a bit sore, between the weight of the helmet and holding onto the handle bars a bit too tight. 

went to two birding places today, did not log any new birds!  we will have to try a bit harder this week.

we did get a comment on our restaurant reviews..

"Are you excluding information about the restaurants where you didn't like the food? Seems like all food reports are possitive, and that really doesn't seem realistic.. Just sayin."

I suspect others have the same thoughts?

Well.. we take our food very seriously. Life is too short to waste calories and time on bad or medicore food!  I spend a lot of time researching restaurants. I try to pick places that have at least 10 reviews and is in the top ten for the area. 

sometime luck is on our side and others it is not. Well today was one of those days where we hit a very good restaurant by luck!  I did research some places to go for lunch but did not have the correct city!  I thought we were heading East but we went North.

found a place where the parking lot had a lot of vehicles and they were all nice vehicles ( I always look at the cars in the parking lot, it helps me decide if I want to go inside).  If the parking lot is empty or has a bunch of beat up old cars, I don't go in.  I know I might be missing a great place but...

Trevino's Restaurant in Edinburg was really good.  we ordered Parrilladas for two.  basically grilled meats.  ours had chicken, beef, pork chops, sausage and we think goat.  the meat was all cooked to perfection. very tasty and moist.


homemade corn tortillas along with rice, beans and guacamole.  This place is worth a repeat visit.

we have had food that was tastless, I don't recall ever having bad food, we have had some that was not really good and we were disapointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment